Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hmmm.....

So, after already making a push up to the Memorials and actually being able to get a run in, I borrowed my friend Alex's copy of Wasatch Tours, Volume 2. In it I came across this excellent photo of the Memorials and a couple interesting passages describing them... "a series of "Memorial Couloirs" along the northeast side of the mountain are described briefly at the end of this section for those carefree tourers who have no mortgages to pay and no mistresses to maintain" and "Since the first edition of Wasatch Tours" in 1976, the authors have been informed of only one descent of a Memorial Couloir. The feat was accomplished by Gary Gruvor and Ron Wilson in the early 1980's". Hmmm... well, I'm sure that there have been a few more runs put in there since 1995 but I wonder how many snowboard descents there have been?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
If you're reading this you probably already know me.