Monday, March 31, 2008

Marching Powder

"In like a lion, out like a lamb..." so the saying goes about the month of March.  Well, I guess this year March didn't get the memo because when I woke up on the 31st I was greeted with a sight I hadn't seen in a while; fresh pow!  Only a few days ago the Canyons was a spring riding paradise; sunshine, soft snow, fun park features, concerts and pond skimming, but today was another story.  My homies Pashley and Littlest hit me up first thing and we hit it.  There was a bit of a crust underneath but overall it was pretty epic, especially when they got the control work done and the gates open.


Yup, that's where we're headed, Square Top.  Click on the shot to enlarge it, that's a control blast near the peak on the right

Littlest loves candy.  Except when his sour patch gummy worms blow out of the bag and fill his pocket with sugar.... and cover his phone.  Yeah, he licked some of it off

Pash sez "We're goin over there"

Littlest using all the sugar energy he can muster on the hike

It was windy as hell and it was filling it in right where we were headed

More rime than a rap concert

This is what all the work was for, and it was damn worth it

In case you were wondering what your XXXL Tall-tee would look like if it hung out from your jacket on a pow day, here you go.  Nice steez Littlest



1 comment:

Forrest said...

Glad to see you getting the days in! I think April is going to crank the storms!

About Me

My photo
If you're reading this you probably already know me.